Following the leadership of the Federal Ministry of Water Resources and their tireless campaigns to end open defecation, The Ekiti State Government launched their Open Defecation Free Roadmap: 2022.
OPS-WASH has officially partnered with Ekiti State by the signing of an MOU. We have partnered with them to accomplish the following through the resources of our private sector members:
- Renovate, operate, maintain and handover public toilet after recouping investment
- Build, operate and transfer public toilets
- Finance construction of household toilets on instalment repayment through appropriate financial scheme or model
- Provision of toilets and construction accessories
- Public awareness creation
- Branding of public toilet facilities or advertisement in restrooms in lieu of payment for bill boards rentals.